Scotts Valley Fire District Volunteer/ Paid Call Firefighter Program
The Scotts Valley Fire Protection District is taking applications for our Volunteer/Paid Call Firefighter Program.
The Paid Call Firefighter program supplements the Fire District’s regular career Firefighters on emergency incidents and in community service activities. Volunteers must meet specific entrance requirements and participate in a selection/testing process. Open recruitment occurs annually in July/August followed with interviews in the early fall for qualified candidates. For those Volunteers selected to participate in the program, upon successful completion they are promoted to Paid Call Firefighter. If you are interested in becoming a Paid Call Firefighter submit your information to the District by using the interest form below.
Forms & Requirements
- Citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for citizenship.
- Minimum age of 18.
- High school graduate or it’s tested equivalent.
- Must reside within a 15 minute “travel distance” to headquarters fire station.
- Must posses and maintain a valid Class C California Drivers License.
- Must be “Insurable” to drive and operate District vehicles as defined and determined by the District insurance carrier.
- Must pass a medical physical examination as outlined under the guidelines of the Santa Cruz County Fire Agencies Insurance Group to include 20/40 vision (uncorrected).
- Good physical condition and agility.
- Must pass a Background Investigation as determined by the Scotts Valley Fire District.
- Must possess a valid “Advanced First Aid” card or equivalent.
At the time of application, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Advanced First Aid Card
- CPAT Card from the California Firefighters Joint Apprentice Committee www.cffjac.org and must be issued within the last year
- DMV Drivers License Report printed within the last 30 days (H6 ten year printout)
- High School Diploma or GED
Please fill out the following forms and turn in to Station 1 at 7 Erba Lane, Scotts Valley.
Please familiarize yourself with the following policy:
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at (831)438-0211.